It could be :
- a subculture ;
- a hobby ;
- viewed as a lifestyle/fashion .
- Was initially dubbed as ‘costuming’ ;
- Began in 30′ in North America – The participants were required to simply dress appropriately for genre ;
- In 84′ the term ‘cosplay’ was invented by a Japanese reporter when he translated the word ‘masquerade'( American term) to the Japanese audience .
- Cosplay is into categories such as : superheroes, cartoon characters, video game characters, AND MORE .
- Corona , California ;
- Started out as an idea of Ivan McCosplay ;
- You’ll find geeks looking to mix their cosplay lifestyle with their nightlife ;
- They have several major venues : M15 Nightclub in Corona, OHM Nightclub in Hollywood, California, The House of Blues in Downtown Disney ;
- Master of Ceremonies, Bernie Bregman does a phenomenal job at getting the audience’s attention and keeping the show moving also he is a staple of the nerd community. As a cosplayer he has one of the most shared images on the internet .